Dear Sunrise Drive Families,
The campus is busy with visitors as students share their learning with you. Over the past weeks, second grade students have been creating hand puppets and a persona for the individual puppets. Sunrise Drive families were invited to meet the characters as the students celebrated the charismatic puppets. Second graders will be crafting “how-to” booklets to explain the process for making a puppet. The following students shared details about the puppet persona they created:
- Ellie shared her horse, “My name is Emma and I am a horse. I live in the Enchanted Forest in the palace. I like to give horseback riding lessons. I can teach you to ride nicely.”
- Amity introduced Emma’s sibling, “I am Medusa. I am sisters with Emma and Sarah. We live in the Enchanted Forest. It is beautiful. I am still in Magic School. My favorite trick is to turn things into cupcakes.”
- Mattias shared his puppet, “I am George. I live on a rainbow over Georgetown. I like to play and tackle people, because I like to wrestle and roll around. I like to have fun!”
- Oliver introduced his cat, “My name is Supercat! I have lazer eyes. I live on Apple Street and I eat apples. I fight crime.”
- Joaquin introduced his snake, “My name is Cobral! I am a cobra who lives in a cave with bats and scorpions. I am a hunter.”
- Aidan introduced her puppet, “His name is Mr. Fox. He lives in Disneyland. He likes to chase rats. He likes to go on the rides.”
We appreciate the supportive audience members who joined us for the live question and answer sessions hosted by our artist, Gwen Ray. A special thank you is extended to all of you who donate to the Spirit of Sunrise through our FFO. Your financial support funds all of the artist-in-residence learning experiences for our students.
The Sunrise Drive community has collected food, clothes and gifts for families in our community. Student Council will organize the donation of food on Tuesday, December 14. Student Council members express their gratitude to you supporting this meaningful service project. Thank you to Ms. Culliney for facilitating the transportation of the food.
In the upcoming days, we look forward to seeing you for the following events on campus:
· Steppers: Friday, December 9, 16 and 23
· Spelling Bee: Friday, December 9 at 3:00
· First Grade Authors’ Share: December 20 (teachers will share times for each class)
· CFSD Elementary Band Concert: December 20 at 7:00 PM
We look forward to seeing you soon!