Wednesday, December 9, 2015
Friday, December 4, 2015
Dear Sunrise Drive Families,
The Catalina Foothills School District is a wonderful school community! It is impressive to see a community with such a commitment to educational excellence and support of the schools here in the Foothills. CFSD would not be the district it is today without the community that surrounds and supports it! The success of our schools' extracurricular programs is tied to the generous contributions of community members who divert some of their state tax funds to the CFSD programs of their choice!
How does it Work?
Any Arizona taxpayer has the opportunity to give to Catalina Foothills School District instead of paying it in taxes. The donation must be earmarked for support of one of our many qualifying fee-based, extracurricular activities. We'll send the donor a receipt for their records. Then, when the taxpayer fills out their 2015 Arizona state taxes, they can subtract the amount of the donation, up to $400 (joint filers) and $200 (individuals), from what is owed in state taxes. This is not just a tax deduction…it is a tax credit that reduces the amount of taxes owed to the state, dollar-for-dollar. For more information about how this credit will work for your individual tax situation, contact your tax advisor.
How are these Dollars Spent?
Tax Credit dollars are spent to support fee-based, extra-curricular offerings. However, regular communication between the school principal and CFSD Community Schools Director leads to a beneficial partnership that also helps support the needs at Sunrise, as dollars are spent to serve a joint purpose.
What is the Tax Credit Goal at Sunrise?
We are aiming for $30,000…that is only 150 individuals at $200 each!
Where Can I Donate?
You can donate online (http://www.cfsd16.org/public/_community/donate.aspx) with your credit card or fill out the 2015 Tax Credit Form, which can be mailed to Murphey Administration Center, 2101 E River Rd., Tucson, AZ, 85718 or dropped off in person at any CFSD school, by December 31, 2015. Please make checks payable to Catalina Foothills School District (CFSD) and note the program to which you'd like to contribute on the check.
What have we purchased at Sunrise with tax credit dollars?
Here are some of the joint projects that Community Schools and Sunrise administration have completed/purchased within the past 5 years, as well as projects underway or yet to come:
· Current Project: Raising money for shade structures on the Sunrise campus, utilized by Sunrise Students and Community Schools activities
· Upgrade the Kindergarten playground
· Resurfacing of the outdoor basketball and tennis courts, utilized by Sunrise students in Physical Education and by Community Schools classes after school
· Imagine Learning software purchase used by SD teachers, students, and Community Schools
· $30,000 toward the SD playground renovation project, which assisted with updating basketball goals, courts, playground equipment, shade structures, and more, all utilized by SD students, staff, and Community Schools
· Lego Robotics team registrations and equipment used by SD students, staff, and Community Schools
· 30 sets of headphones used by SD students, teachers, and Community Schools
· Supporting Community Schools enrichment classes for SD students resulting in lower class fees
Your consideration of making an Arizona Tax Credit is appreciated. If you elect to make a donation, please consider marking Sunrise Drive as the recipient of the donation.
Andrea Davidson Travis KolterPrincipal Director CFSD Community Schools